Types of anxiety disorders:
• Panic disorder- People who have this condition usually have episodes of terror that suddenly strike without any warning. Other signs of panic disorders are feeling of choking, heart palpitation, chest pain, immense sweating and a feeling of going crazy.
• Social anxiety disorder- This is also known as social phobia.It involves self-consciousness and overwhelming worry concerning everyday social things.This worry includes a fear of behaving in a way which can cause embarrassment or social ridicule.
• Specific phobias- This is characterized by episodes of fear of a certain situation or object such as flying or heights.This worry will forestall you from performing arts day to day activities.
• Generalized anxiety disorder- This form of anxiety disorder is characterized by unrealistic and excessive tension and worry, even if there is nothing to worry about.
What causes anxiety disorders?
The exact reason behind folie remains unknown.According to scientists, anxiety disorders are not caused due to poor upbringing, a character flaw or personal weakness.This disorder is caused due to changes in the environment and excessive stress. Anxiety disorders can also be inherited from your family member.A child is additional at risk of developing anxiety if each or one parent has anxiety problems.Emotional trauma because of a big event can even trigger anxiety disorders.
Treatment of anxiety disorders:
• Medications- Drugs and medicines like anxiety-reducing drugs, low-dose antipsychotics, anticonvulsant, and antidepressants can reduce the symptoms of anxiety.
• psychotherapy- Usually psychotherapy addresses the emotional response.
In this method, a trained skilled helps folks by talking and understanding their disorder.
• Cognitive-behavioral therapy- This is a form of psychotherapy where the person is able to change and recognize behaviors and thought patterns which lead to troublesome feelings.
• Lifestyle and Dietary Changes- For most people making changes in their diet and lifestyle can reduce symptoms of anxiety and stress.
• Relaxation therapy- This is very helpful and the most common therapy to deal with anxiety.
Can't be cured, but treatment helps
Usually self diagnosable
Lab test not required
Chronic: can last for years or be lifelong
4. Cold sweats
5. Trouble falling asleep
6. Heart palpitation
7. Dry mouth