The Different Forms of Depression
Depression manifests itself in one in every of its many forms.
• Major Depression- In the case of major depression the symptoms are severe enough to interfere with a person’s ability to sleep, work, study, eat and enjoy his life.Major depression episodes could occur one time or a lot of unremarkably even multiple times in a very person’s life.
• Dysthymia or Dysthymic disorder- In this variant of depression the symptoms are less severe but persist over prolonged periods that stretch to two years or more.
• Minor Depression- In the case of minor depression the symptoms are not all that severe and persist for only a small amount of time.
What are the causes of depression?
Depression may be caused by a single or a combination of factors like:
• Genetic Propensity- People whose families have previous histories of depression are more susceptible to having the illness than people with no family history of depression.
• Brain Chemistry- The chemistry of the people suffering from depression is different from those who do not have the disease.
• stress- Sometimes events that evoke strong emotions like a dear person’s death, a difficult relationship or other situations that are acutely stressful may be enough to trigger bouts of depression.
Treatment of Depression
The first step in treating a patient with depression is to consult a mental state skilled or doctor.This visit may be followed by examinations and laboratory tests to rule out other similar conditions. Medications taken by a patient too fall under scrutiny. The doctor takes into account detailed family and medical history of the disease and then proceeds to prescribe antidepressants accordingly. However, the medicines are slow to take effect.
But medical antidepressants usually have severe facet effects which will not be acceptable all told cases.physcotheraphy is another option that may help in the treatment of depression. It works by teaching new behaviour and ways of thinking that may help to alleviatesome of the symptoms.It provides an individual associate degree insight into why the Depression is happening and what makes the caseworse.
Can't be cured, but treatment helps
Usually self diagnosable
• Loosing interest in daily activities
• Insomnia or oversleeping
• Loss of energy
• Self loathing
• Concentration issues