There are some things you might not already know about women’s health and fitness!
1) According to a national health survey, nearly 13% of women over the age of 18 are in fair or poor health. While this number seems low, it could be even lower if all women met recommended guidelines for diet and exercise.
2) Less than half of women over the age of 18 met the federal physical activity guidelines for aerobic activity.
3) More than 38% of U.S. women over the age of 20 are obese.
4) Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer’s are women.
5) The leading causes of death for women in the U.S. include heart disease, cancer, and chronic lower respiratory disease.
6) Heart disease is the leading cause of death for women. Heart attack symptoms for women are significantly different than the symptoms experienced by men.
7) 1 in every 8 women develop breast cancer at some point.
8) 20 million women suffer from eating disorders.
9) Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination. The CDC recommends HPV vaccine for children as early as 11 or 12.
10)Women are twice as likely to experience depression as men.
Ways for women to stay healthy
While some health factors are beyond your control, there are a number of things that women can do to improve health and fitness.
Regular exercise, a healthy diet, and prioritizing good mental health can all improve your overall health.
In addition to a healthy lifestyle, it’s also important to meet with your doctor and schedule regular well woman exams. Contact Renaissance Women’s Healthcare to schedule a well woman exam.
Notice: Please consult your doctor before following any instruction of www.myonlinedoctor.co.in